Help
I had RAI about two years ago for over active thyroid. I then became very underactive. about 3 months ago I started having severe panic and anxiety attacks. I was put on diazepam by my doctor and my blood tests said that I  was a little over active again so to lower my thyroxine levels form 75 to 50. its been two weeks and now the panic has gotten so bad I cannot eat, the diazepam seems to have no effect and was wondering if this is normal for lowering dose of thyroxine? I am so desperate, I feel so ill and shaky all the time, I feel worse than before. everyday gets worse.  beta blockers didn't agree with me. can anyone help me please??
Would follow with your doctor for treatment of anxiety - lowering thyroxine like that should not worsen those symptoms in most cases.
Hello, thankyou for your advice. I spoke to a doctor in the week and said that I lowered my thyroxine too quickly as I had to start thyroxine very slowly upping it about 12 mcg every week. so is started taking 62 again and then have to lower it slowly. what else can I do for anxiety as beta blockers disagreed with me and I am already on diazepam?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.