How long should I stay away from my daughter after radioactive iodine?
I was treated with 15 mci of radioactive iodine Wednesday at 10am for a hyperactive thyroid...Im staying at my parents away from my daughter for 2.5 days. After that I plan on going home and staying in our spare room/bathroom for an additional few days...Is it ok that I am planning on going home at that time? My daughter is 3 years old and I miss her sooooo much.....We just went for a walk together (My husband daughter and I) and I couldn't go less than 12 ft from her because of the radiation.....

My doctor agreed that I could go home after 48 hours but I am still nervous at putting her at risk...My mil had the procedure 40+ years ago and she went straight home to her babies (my husband) and he ended up with cancer at 19 :( That's the last thing I want to do to my little munchkin..

Any advice?

How long did you wait?
answered