How would you define a "generous thyroid?"
My doctor noted at my last physical in March, 2008, that I had a "generous thyroid". He palpated it pretty thoroughly, and said he felt no nodules, etc., but just noted that it was generous. He did no bloodword at that time.

I just had it tested to rule out problems related to a six month battle with vague dizziness/motion sickness; the results seem normal:  T Uptake 1.15; T4 7.03; FT1 6.11; TSH 1.06.  I am interested in whether or not a generous thyroid with these types of accompanying numbers is worth pursuing?  I don't have a very good relationship with this internist..
Normal labs does not mean normal size thyroid and no nodules.  Thyroid ultrasound is a better way to detrmine if there is anything anatomically wrong with the thyroid.