Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hyperparathyroidism
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hyperparathyroidism

I was told I have hyperparathyroidism, that's when your vitamin d level is low and your calcium levels can be low or elevated. My calcium level is normal. I read you can have a tumor. My Endrocrinologist without even testing for a tumor, just said take the vitamin d there is nothing wrong with you. Does anybody have this and have symptoms of anxiety. This has been going on for over a year now with dizziness when walking. Can anybody help PLEASE!
97953_tn?1193367871
Usually the calcium is high w/ primary hyperparathyroidism (caused by a tumor).  So if your calcium is "normal" and PTH is high and vit D low - most commonly the PTH is high due to the low vit D --- aka secondary hyperparathyroidism.  But if Ca is high-normal (10 or above usually) then early primary hyperparathyroidism is possible.
2 Comments
Blank
If I took my calcium that morning it would have been elevated. What a lot of BULL CRAP!  My calcium was 9.9, it's fine that I suffer a torchured and cruel life as life passes me by, because nobody knows what's wrong with me!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank