Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hyperthyroid/Graves Disease and Anxiety
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hyperthyroid/Graves Disease and Anxiety

Ive read in many places that anxiety and hyperthyroid are linked. im wondering if anyone can help me understand that if a hyperthyroid gland can cause anxiety OR the anxiety symptoms are mistaken for the hyperthyroid. i currently am being treated for hyperthyroid & graves disease which has been leveled thru the use of medication but i am convinced i have generalized anxiety. im planning on seeing a doctor about this but just would like to see how the two were linked and if my endo would be able to persecribe me something for the anxiety if it turns out I am suffering from GAD. Thank you for any help