Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hypothyroid unstable
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hypothyroid unstable

I had been stable for about  7-8 years on 200mcg levo. About 4m ago my family practioner said I needed to lower my dose d/t my T3 and TSH. He changed it to 175mcg, then 2m later again (d/t labs) said it needed to be lower to 150mcg. Now 2m later I have low blood pressure, even orthostatic hypotension even. Also feel an increase sensitivity to cold and have horrible horrible leg/ feet cramps 4 out of 7 nights a week. Just recently seen my doc and he says my T3 and TSH are in the mid normal range. I am at a loss, I have never had any kind of ortho hypotension or these very bad leg cramps. I am 43 and I have been taking thyroid levo for about 18 yrs. My doc even checked all kinds of labs because of the cramps to check sodium,mag, calc everything. Labs show all is well, but all is not. The only change I have had is this steady decline in my Levo. Can you give your view on this? Please....
97953_tn?1193367871
Muscle cramps can sometimes be seen in thyroid dysfunction.  Would try to keep the TSH in the low normal range and consider adding T3 therapy, 5 µg of Cytomel once a day, for example to see if this may help the cramps.  Muscle cramps could have other causes of course as well.  If these are happening primarily when you're trying to sleep at night then it could be a variant of restless leg syndrome.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank