Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hypothyroidism with Anxiety?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hypothyroidism with Anxiety?

I am 48 years of age, I have been diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder and Obsessive Compulsive tendencies and mood swings which resumbles Bipolar.
.  I am currently taking Doxepin 50mg with Trazodone 100 mg along with Haldol 0.5 mg in which I take at bedtime for anxiety/depression issues in which I have had problems sleeping so my psychiatrist put me on.  Most of the day today I have felt like a 'zombie' walking around feeling very fatigue and 'wired' feelings of anxiety, shakey (shaky) (shaky) (shaky) at times...also have noticed of having fatigue headaches...  I also have been medically diagnosed as having 'hypothyroidism along with 'borderline ' diabetes.  I am currently taking Synthroid 50 mcg for my hypothyroidism but just watching my diet for the diabetes.  My prim dr tells me the anxiety is NOT caused by hypothyroidism but other people say it maybe a factor.  What do you think?  My lab results from July 2011 were Hemoglobin A1C 6.5 which is High, Est. Avg Glucose 139.9 High, T4 Free which was 1.31 , TSH-Ultrasensitive 8.66 High.  My labs in april 2011 were T3  Free was 2.9 and T4 Free  1.27 were both normal and TSH-Ultrasensitive was 6.74, so from April to July it went from 6.74  to  8.66 .  Is that normal for it to go up like that?