Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
If this is not thyroid than what is going on?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

2 days giving birth.. woke up in the middle night with skin burning, tongue numb.. well I went home the next day and  I had skin burning, fast heart rate, numb tongue, numbness in hands and feet etc. Well after a coulple weeks it went away and had burning legs for a couple months.  A year later I started taking dizzy spells every night in the middle of the night when getting up . my head and neck would get so tight that I couldn't catch my breath, my tongue would go numb. I would get severe pains in my lower abdomen on both sides.after a couple minutes it would go away. 2nd pregnancy, 5 days later I was put on antibiotics for an infection and started with burning in lower legs. after a couple weeks I had a feeling of something stuck in my throat and burping with it on. With it came "internal tremors"...as well as full body burning, burning surges throughout body, pressure in face, neck hurts, joints hurt etc. This lasted on and off for 2 years... after htat it seemed milder and only happened every once in awhile... the last 2 years I have felt the best with just a spell every once in a while and I would wake up gasping for breath... the lump in the my throat never went away with the burping and I attributed it to acid reflux that was catching my breath. Well just had a tooth infection, put on antiobiotics, and one day later spells hit and even harder! Every morning when I wake I get like a a chill and the burning starts and well as my whole body aches.... its a weird sensation feeling that goes through my body.. that I can fully explain.. today the burning started just on ethe right side and now its both but more pressure in my face on the right side including burning ear. I took an Ativan and that didn't even help. I have no idea what cuases this. I have had MRI's, EEG, EKG, cardioultrasound, thyroid panel blood work, b12, 24 hour urine tests, cortisol tests, lyme. any ideas?
This does not sound like thyroid.
I assume calcium levels are normal.
Workup of spells is complicated, but working w/ an internal medicine specialist to sort this out would be appropriate.
I just had some blood work done and B12 is low at 215.. could that be a possibility?