Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Increase blood flow

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Increase blood flow
Hi there- I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid because the left side of my neck has been sore for the past 3 months. The Doctor called me to advise the test came back with no lumps etc however there was increased blood flow going to my thyroid and didn't understand why? I am to repeat the ultrasound in 6 months and he is sending me for more thorough blood test for thyroid. Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this increased blood flow with no masses or tumors in the neck? thanks so much
If there are no nodules and the labs are normal -- would not worry about the comment regarding increased blood flow - this can be very subjective depending on the setting the tech used.
PS- I have hypothyroidism and take synthroid. In the past 3 months I have also noticed heart palpatations and have cut back my synthroid from 75 mcg to 33.5 mcg daily.