Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Is it all in my head?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Is it all in my head?

Im 25 and I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease when I was 12. I've had trouble with being tired my whole life but in the last six months it's all I can do to get out of bed and get dressed. I have this feeling that there is so muh i want to get done and so much i need to do but my body just wont let me. I work full time and I'm a mom of 2. It's takes everything I have to do my daily mom duties. For the last 8 weeks I've been walking 3-4 miles 4 days a week hoping the exercise will give me some energy with no improvement. I've been eating healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables and low fat meat. I've had my thyroid levels tested and they are fine. In the last 6 weeks I've started having blurry vision and speech problems. Then about a week ago I had an episode of my eye drooping followed by a headache for 12 hrs. I had a ct of my brain done and everything was fine. And Im now scheduled for an MRI. I'm just wondering if this could be something resulting from having a thyroid disorder for so long or is being so tired and having a lack of energy maybe just all in my head... Any suggestions will help.. Thanks