Knot on side of neck
I have just recently found a knot on the side of my neck, behind the ear about 1 1/2 inch down the neck from the hairline.  Its more toward the back than the front of neck.  It is the size of a pea and it moves around somewhat.  No pain, but have had 2 spells of ear ache in the left ear on the same side of the knot, the ache doesn't last too long and then it goes away. Had these 2 spells of ear aches before I found the knot.  I am really stressed from my job and do have some allergies during the warm and blooming spell we have been having.  I have headaches in the temple area, front of head, in the back of neck and head. Not been having them but about 4 days now.  Just wondering what you thought the knot may be or should I be concerned.  I have a doctor appt scheduled to see the doctor this week.
This is not thyroid related.
It's a good idea to have this checked by your doctor as planned.