Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Large Thyroid (goiter) pressing on windpipe
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Large Thyroid (goiter) pressing on windpipe

Hello,

I'm from the UK. I had a thyroid ultrasound scan recently and I have been told that the goiter is slightly pressing on my windpipe. I'm really scared at night as I often wake up chocking not being able to breathe.

I'm hoping to have surgery soon but I have to sit tight in the mean time as the NHS is very slow over here! But I am honestly very scared and worried.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and have had to undergo surgery? How did you get on?

Any advice would really be appreciated!

Many thanks,

christinaUK