Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Low TSH Levels

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Low TSH Levels
I am a 46 years old, and I just had my TSH level drawn and it is 0.374 (the reference for my lab is 0.400 - 4.200 UIU/ML. The two previous results were 0.506 in November of 2011 and 0.8 in November of 2010. Should I be concerned with this consistent drop? The only "symptoms" I have noticed are: constant fatigue; amenorrhea (have missed 2 periods so far); and a much increased appetite (I seem to never get satiated!) which has lead to a small weight gain. I’m confused because I always thought one with a with a hyperthyroid would lose weight, not gain.

Thank you for your insight into this!
You're not hyperthyroid.  The TSH in the low normal range, but this is not likely causing any problems.