Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Low TSH Levels
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low TSH Levels

I am a 46 years old, and I just had my TSH level drawn and it is 0.374 (the reference for my lab is 0.400 - 4.200 UIU/ML. The two previous results were 0.506 in November of 2011 and 0.8 in November of 2010. Should I be concerned with this consistent drop? The only "symptoms" I have noticed are: constant fatigue; amenorrhea (have missed 2 periods so far); and a much increased appetite (I seem to never get satiated!) which has lead to a small weight gain. I’m confused because I always thought one with a with a hyperthyroid would lose weight, not gain.

Thank you for your insight into this!
97953_tn?1193367871
You're not hyperthyroid.  The TSH in the low normal range, but this is not likely causing any problems.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank