Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
MCG vs. MG
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MCG vs. MG

Hello,
I had thyroid cancer 5 years ago and was put on cytomel and synthroid. I am on 5mcg of cytomel and 300mcg of synthroid. I am exhausted, moody and still have to eat like a bird not to gain wt. Is this normal???? My labs are ok but something needs adjusted because I feel like poop. I do have alot of stress right now but I flucuate from being hyper and going non stop to crashing and feeling awful. any advice on dosage and or natural treatment would be great. I also take 2500mcg of sublingual B-12 and DHEA 20 mg and also HCTZ 50-100mg daily. I have never had to take meds on a regular basis until I got cancer. I have been cancer free for 5 years this October but still don't feel like my old self yet.
any advice would be great!