Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
MCG vs. MG

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

MCG vs. MG
I had thyroid cancer 5 years ago and was put on cytomel and synthroid. I am on 5mcg of cytomel and 300mcg of synthroid. I am exhausted, moody and still have to eat like a bird not to gain wt. Is this normal???? My labs are ok but something needs adjusted because I feel like poop. I do have alot of stress right now but I flucuate from being hyper and going non stop to crashing and feeling awful. any advice on dosage and or natural treatment would be great. I also take 2500mcg of sublingual B-12 and DHEA 20 mg and also HCTZ 50-100mg daily. I have never had to take meds on a regular basis until I got cancer. I have been cancer free for 5 years this October but still don't feel like my old self yet.
any advice would be great!
Thanks :)
You may want to talk your Dr. about increasing the Cytomel and decreasing the Synthroid.  Sometimes twice daily Cytomel at a dose of 5-10 µg helps with some of the symptoms.