Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Nodule/Benign/4

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Nodule/Benign/4
I have a Nodule in my Thyroid size 4 it is causing me to have problems eating as the thyroid is pressing against my Trachea and has it pushed to the mid line making my Esophagus dis-placed i'm feel like it gets hung and has  no room to pass food. The Endoscopic Dr. said it's benign after a biopsy was taken.The Endoscopic told me i could live with it or have it remove. I would like to know another suggestion/ Option.Or their any new procedure or treatments/ Medicine that will shrink the nodule? please contact me i have lost 39 pounds in a month, cause i get choked on chicken and bread ect...
Thank you, any information would be welcome.. Btw I just got married to the love of my life a Beautiful Lady on the 4th of august and now find out all this bad news. we are devastated! I am a male of 53 years old.6.2 tall I did weigh 270 now i weigh 239 with in a month and have been healthy all my life! Now I need Help.

Best regards: Neil
I agree that a second opinion may be worthwhile.  Based on your description, this large (probably benign) nodule is causing compressive symptoms and should likely be removed.
with the weight loss - also make sure this is not a "hot" nodule -- ie, make sure TSH is normal and this is not hyperthyroidism.