Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Nodule of left lobe thyroid
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nodule of left lobe thyroid

Recently I was had ultra sound and they found a small subcentimeter calcified nodule on left lobe.  The size is 7 x 7 x 6 mm.  About how big is this in inches?  In the past I have had on the same left side 1st surgery- lefy submaxillary gland removed in 1992.  2nd surgery left submaxilart gland removed 1999.  (second surgery of submentl mass removed from left side/neck.)  3rd surgery left submandibular cyst:  gibrofatty tissue.  Mremoval of left sublingual gland and left lymph node. (2003)
I have lots if cacifications.  Kidneys are loaded.  Have had 11 stones passed and see more there!  Gall Bladder with stones that were removed. And breast with cacifications.  Taking caltrate/D and also two yrs ago SLE too.  
Seems like someone could tell me something why I keep producing so much calcium and how to slow it down?
Should i be concerned?  Thanks Sue Copeland from Suffolk, VA.
97953_tn?1193367871
This is about 1/4 inch.  Some patients are prone to calcification for unclear reasons - much of this is inflammation/scar.  The thyroid nodule is small and can be monitored over time.   You have had a lot of salivary gland surgery -- may consider asking about Sjogren's (especially w/ SLE history).  The kidney stone issue brings up the question of blood calcium and parathyroid levels to make sure you don't have an overactive parathryoid.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now