Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
"Normal" TSH, T3 and T4 levels after TT?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

"Normal" TSH, T3 and T4 levels after TT?

I know that "normal" may be a relative term but I was wondering what I will be facing after almost 2 weeks post TT. My Endocrinologist states that it may take some time for my levels to even out after TT. I trust her but I still would like to see the numbers I will be aiming for.  Pathology was done on my thyroid at the time of removal but report has not come in yet...should be by the time I go in for my 2 week check up.  Surgeon did not think it looked "suspicious" to the naked eye after removal but...
Thanks,
Suzie

BTW...is it common to have problems sleeping after TT?  I was doing fine until last night and have only been taking synthroid for about 3 weeks.  I am on 150 mcg per day.  I am also on 1000 mg of Oscal with Vitamin D per day and another 1000 mg of Calcium per day due to a low Calcium level post surgery.