Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
"Normal" TSH, T3 and T4 levels after TT?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

I know that "normal" may be a relative term but I was wondering what I will be facing after almost 2 weeks post TT. My Endocrinologist states that it may take some time for my levels to even out after TT. I trust her but I still would like to see the numbers I will be aiming for.  Pathology was done on my thyroid at the time of removal but report has not come in yet...should be by the time I go in for my 2 week check up.  Surgeon did not think it looked "suspicious" to the naked eye after removal but...
Thanks,
Suzie

BTW...is it common to have problems sleeping after TT?  I was doing fine until last night and have only been taking synthroid for about 3 weeks.  I am on 150 mcg per day.  I am also on 1000 mg of Oscal with Vitamin D per day and another 1000 mg of Calcium per day due to a low Calcium level post surgery.
150mcg of synthroid may be a little high for the average post TT patient, but usually it is weight/gender based.  it takes about 4-5 weeks to achieve reliable labs and target TSH is debatable -- but around 1.0 is the goal for most....unless this ends up being a thyroid cancer -- where a lower TSH is desirable.

Sleeping problems are not usual after TT but may be related to synthroid dose...