Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Papillary Thyroid Cancer Treatment
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Papillary Thyroid Cancer Treatment
Dr. Lupo,

I am 55 years old, female, and had my thyroid gland removed this February because it was enlarged and multi-nodular.  Prior to this I had two uptake scans because one nodule was cold, but the FNA which showed it was not cancer. I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer after the gland was removed, and underwent radiation ablation in March.   The end of May I went in for labs and review, and the nuclear medicine doctor (in charge of my treatment) said results were good:  TSH .06, Free T4 1.1 and calcium 9.1. He also said the 'suspicious' neck nodes that were more noticeable after the RAI would be looked at again next March, when I would undergo RAI again.   Dr. said he may want my TSH lower, and would review next March.   I spent 4 years and 5 doctors trying to get someone to look closely at my thyroid since all my test levels were 'normal.'   It this a reasonable treatment plan to let the suspicious nodes sit for a year?

Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
97953 tn?1440868992
I think this is a repeat question
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank