Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Please help, what does the TSH receptor mean and uptake.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Please help, what does the TSH receptor mean and uptake.

Hello....  I have been feeling ill since 06/21/2011. I have had palpitations where heart rate wld get up to 140 bpm with little exertion. I have been shaky, very sentivie to heat, intense hunger after eating, hair shedding alot, lightheadedness, minor weight loss, achy muscles especially in thighs and upper arms. I had recently had a baby in 12/07/2010. These symptoms occured after. I was taking yaz birth control until October when my symptoms became worse. I had tsh free 3 free4 performed which came back normal range. I did have postive antibodies for TSH receptor ab.
I do have a goiter with 8mm nodule on right side. But, Doctor's didnt have an answer of what could be causing me to feel this yucky. My recent thyroid uptake: Six hour idodne uptake of 7%. 24 hour uptake of 15%; Slightly heterogenous uptake in the right lobe. Impression: Grossly noraml size of thyorid gland with slightly inhomogeonus uptake. No discrete focal hot or cold defects. 24 hour iodine uptake of 15% which is within the normal range of 10%-40%