Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Recheck?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Recheck?

Hi,
I’ve had a small goiter that I first noticed 10 years ago. At that time, I had an ultrasound and a FNB which was negative for cancer. My latest blood tests are normal and the goiter doesn’t look to have grown at all in the last 10 years. I don’t have any symptoms or discomfort. Question is: Do I need to get another ultrasound or FNB after a certain amount of time? Does this need to be looked at at regular intervals or after a certain period of time?
Thanks very much for your time.