Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Slightly low TSH results....What does this mean for the future?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Slightly low TSH results....What does this mean for the future?

I recently took a slew of blood tests.  One of which was a TSH for the thyroid.  My doctor contacted me via mail with results stating the thyroid test results were slightly low.  Actual numbers are:  0.075uIU/mL.  My doctor wants me to re-test in 4 wks.
I originally went in to see him for swollen glands in my neck which I have had for more than 8 months.  After losing my mother to cancer, under very similar conditions, just two years ago, I felt like I owed it to myself to be checked out also.  I have pretty much, all of the symptoms of a thyroid disorder to one extreme or another.

My doctor also prescribed Keflex (in case I had an infection).  I have completed all doses of Keflex and no change so far.  My white cell count results did not indicate any infection, nor do I have mono.

What could all of this possibly mean?