Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Slightly low TSH results....What does this mean for the future?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Slightly low TSH results....What does this mean for the future?

I recently took a slew of blood tests.  One of which was a TSH for the thyroid.  My doctor contacted me via mail with results stating the thyroid test results were slightly low.  Actual numbers are:  0.075uIU/mL.  My doctor wants me to re-test in 4 wks.
I originally went in to see him for swollen glands in my neck which I have had for more than 8 months.  After losing my mother to cancer, under very similar conditions, just two years ago, I felt like I owed it to myself to be checked out also.  I have pretty much, all of the symptoms of a thyroid disorder to one extreme or another.

My doctor also prescribed Keflex (in case I had an infection).  I have completed all doses of Keflex and no change so far.  My white cell count results did not indicate any infection, nor do I have mono.

What could all of this possibly mean?