Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Suspected hypothyroidism

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Suspected hypothyroidism

I have been having symptoms of hypothyroidism for quite some time but unfortunately my previous doctor told me I was "just looking for excuses" and refused the blood tests. I changed GP's and had the test done, and the result was that my thyroid function was low (I don't have the exact results) but that it wasn't definitive on its own. Usually she said they would re-do the test in 6 months but as I display many of the symptoms and have been waiting for so long, my GP has prescribed my Levothyroxine 25mcg for 2 months and said then to go back for another thyroid function test after taking them for 2 months.

Does anyone know what (if any) changes I might notice? I took the first one today and I'm just sort of apprehensive about the next steps and what to expect.

Thankyou, Lianne
Labs are definitive; one has hypo or not according to tests results.  Retesting will help with medicine adjustments to keep you in your target range.  Do you have Hashimotos?
I don't know, the information I posted is literally all that I have been given, that's why I made the post I know virtually nothing.

Lianne