Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Swelling above Clavicle

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Swelling above Clavicle

About 3 years ago, I started getting swelling above my clavicle. At the time, it didn't hurt and I had nodules on my lungs about 9 of them that they were more concerned about. The nodule ended up being granulomas. Now the swelling above my clavicle has gotten bigger and is bulging above and below my clavicle. My throat always feels like I have a lump in it and my blood pressure has been 159/102. It feels as if it pressing on my heart or a vein because I can hear it beating. I have had night sweats for the last 3 years where I'm drenched and during the day I sweat even if I'm just sitting there. I've also had a constant fever and now the pain is going up my neck and I'm having headaches. On top of that for the last 3 years I get some kind weird symptom every month. In the last 6 month my face has swollen, I've had the hives, swollen lips and eyes and pink eye in both eyes. I have no energy and in the last week I've noticed small lumps underneath my skin, all in my upper body. I went to the hospital yesterday and nothing came up on my blood test and an x-ray. They told me to go back to my pcp, who gave me an mri a year ago and said it was okay. Who do I see next? I have had melanoma 3 times and shwanomma tumors in my spine. I feel as if I keep getting a dead end. Does cancer always show up in the blood? And if you know what kind of doctor for me to see, can you recommend one in dallas, tx?
This does not sound like a thyroid problem.  If there is a mass above the clavicle, an ENT or general surgeon should be able to help evaluate that. Your PCP would be able to make the appopriate referral.