Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
T-3,T-4 normal range. TSH 6.2

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

T-3,T-4 normal range. TSH 6.2

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance!  Summary: Tested about 2 months ago..TSH went from 2.4 to 6.0.   Been taking 25mcg levo. since then.  (Dr said TSH was too high).   Tested again this week and TSH is now 6.2!  Nurse who called was told by my dr. to come back in 3 months, since T-3 (375), T-4(.9) were normal.  Antibodies were present (16) last year when tested by another dr.  Antibodies were not tested this time around.   I haven't been feeling myself for a few weeks now...symptoms of hypo: moodiness, depression, forgetfulness, foggy, etc.   Do you think I need to find another dr???  I feel a dosage increase is in order! Am I wrong??? Thank you!!
You have hashimoto's with hypothyroidism and would benefit from an increase in dose with a recheck in 2 months.  The T4 and T3 will be normal in mild hypothyroidism, so the TSH should be used and in your case is too high.
Thanks for responding!  It turned out that the nurse over the phone yesterday gave me the wrong numbers!!!  My TSH is 3.9!!! And the other numbers mid-range. My dr and I agreed that we want TSH to be under 3, so we're upping the dose to 37.5 Levoxyl from 25mcg.
Actually since I'm trying to conceive, I'd like that number to be between 1 and 2...so looking forward to the next test in 6 wks!
Thanks again for taking the time to respond. :-)
A related discussion, tsh levels was started.