Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
T3 = 32, T4 = 1.24 and TSH = 6.343 what does it mean? Do i need any tre...

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

T3 = 32, T4 = 1.24 and TSH = 6.343 what does it mean? Do i need any treatment?
when i did the thyroid tests my results came as T3 = 32, T4 = 1.24 and TSH = 6.343 what does it mean? Do i need any treatment? i feel tierd, i have lots of water retention, i gained 40 Bounds in Few months. what do i need to do. is their any natural way without medication to help the situation? thanks alot
Borderline low thyroid.  repeat in 6 weeks along with antibodies and given the symptom(s) consider treatment -- no "natural way" that is proven to help - it's thyroid replacement or nothing.
Hi-you didn't include the ranges for your lab, but that aside, your TSH appears too high. How about symptoms? I strongly suggest you go to the following sites to begin the endless education you'll need to do as you enter 'thyroid dsyfuntion' world, it is a bit overwhelming at first, but you can learn SO much from these sites, and others.  Here they are:

the Mary Shomon site is : www.thyroid.about.com

the site I feel has lots of info (strongly in favor of Armour):
www.stopthethyroidmadness.com
Good luck to you, education is your best weapon.
Thanks a lot for the information you provided but i wanted to know what ranges i should have inclouded other than T3 = 32, T4 = 1.24 and TSH = 6.343. and what it means if my TSH is too high, does it mean That, i might  need a hermone theraby??
Your T4 range looks like FT-4 range but without listing your Lab ranges it should not be assumed.

T-3 looks hypo low and would be out of some Lab ranges and Your TSH is hypo high and out of some Labs ranges, but this should not be assumee without your Lab ranges as well.

You should get hard copies of every test with the Lab ranges so you know where you stand for sure without assumptions.
I agree with Tracy615, educate yourself.  Check out these sites she mentioned, that way when you return to doctor, you will know what to ask for adn better take care of yourself.  I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroid, but i had to push my doctor a little to get her lst to test for.  I think I really have had for several years, but lab ranges too broad and most doctors seem to go by labs and not symtoms.  So educate yourself and know which tests to ask for.  I would have never found out I was low on ferritin and DHEA if I didn't ask for these tests.  Good luck!