TPO antibodies
I have been hypothyroid for 14 years. TSH 1.9 on synthroid 112 mcg. I am experiencing symptoms of hypothyroid, fatigue, muscle and joint aches, headache, irritability, difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, dry eyes and mouth and other (though I don't think as dry as Sjogren's would be) and some raynauld's symptoms...I just feel really bad all the time. Recent labs showed elevated ANA 1:160 and TPO antibodies 26 (reference range around 3). Question: could the TPO antibodies cause the elevated ANA, and could they contribute to my current symptoms? Other tests have been normal.
Would see a rheumatologist for evaluation of the ANA.  TSH is adequate on the synthroid, so "fine-tuning" thyroid medications is not likely to help.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.