Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
TSH levels UP and DOWN
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

TSH levels UP and DOWN

I have had my thyroid checked and rechecked the past years as the TSH level is constantly up and down.  Ranges from .043 to .083 with swings above 1.0 rarely.  I have had the RAIO done w/the results stating mild hyper, ultrasound with disintegrating nodule, and still no one wants to do anything about it.  My BP was high this spring so put on atenolol which seems to help the palps to a point and mostly control the BP.  Anxiety, nervousness, heat intolerance, irritability and points where I cannot sleep at night and the Doc and endo still won't do anything for me.

What is my next step?  I am lost at this point with these Docs not wanting to do anything for me except send me home.  Can someone suggest an endo in or around Phoenix that really LISTENS????

Wired
Related Discussions
  • Prozac (8 replies):
    Have really bad mood swings. Can be fine for days...thi...[more]
1 Comment
Blank
I have the same problems as you, only now I am on medication for them. I can not recommend a medication, as that will take many trials and errors, but I can tell you what I was diagnosed with. I am Bi-Polar. Though this is very hard to diagnose, it often goes untreated because many doctors do not believe in it. Some of the symptoms are rapid uncontrollable mood swings, depression, irritability, anxiety and restlessness. I have taken prozac, lithium, wellbutrin and paxil. I find that paxil works best for me because the anxiety is the largest problem for me...but prozac is a good one for irritability. You should ask your doctor if he/she thinks this is a plausable concern for you.
Blank
A related discussion, tsh up & down was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now