Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
TSH of 4.95 and had 1 miscarriage. Should I be checked for Free T4?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

TSH of 4.95 and had 1 miscarriage. Should I be checked for Free T4?

I went to the doctor as I was seeing some symtpoms of hypothyroidism like hari loss, fatigue, dry skin, cold intolerance and recently had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. I got tested for TSH level, and it came as 4.95 mU/L. According to the lab the range is 0.4-5.0. The doctor says everything is fine, and I don't need to go through further tests. But I have been reading that the max should be 3.0. Am really concerned and cannot stand another miscarriage (if this was the reason for my first). What should I do now. Please help
Tags: TSH