TSH of 4.95 and had 1 miscarriage. Should I be checked for Free T4?
I went to the doctor as I was seeing some symtpoms of hypothyroidism like hari loss, fatigue, dry skin, cold intolerance and recently had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. I got tested for TSH level, and it came as 4.95 mU/L. According to the lab the range is 0.4-5.0. The doctor says everything is fine, and I don't need to go through further tests. But I have been reading that the max should be 3.0. Am really concerned and cannot stand another miscarriage (if this was the reason for my first). What should I do now. Please help
Would retest this borderline TSH value in 4 weeks, also consider checking thyroid antibodies (positive antibodies for TPO and Tg are associated w/ miscarriage).  If you are planning on trying to conceive again and the repeat TSH is still high (>3), especially with positive antibodies, would start levothyroxine.
Thanks Doctor.

I would go for another test ASAP.
I am wondering if the test need to be done during some specific period of time.
It would be great if you could suggest me.

Thanks.