Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
TT post op
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TT post op

I had a TT on July 9th of this year. I started running a fever within two days. Had blood work done twice, both show elavated white count. Chest xray was negative and urine showed no UTI. I was put on cipro for 10 days. Finshed it and the fever has now been back for 4 days.
The higher the fever the worse the pain and swelling is in my neck. My normal temp is 97.5 but it has been running between 99.4 and 100.5.
My surgeon feels that enough time has gone by after surgery for it NOT to be post op infection. Primary doctor believes it IS post op.
I was started on 75 mcg of synthroid the day after surgery. My husband thinks the elavated temp is a result from the medication. I feel like I am running a fever. Run down and the hot ick feeling  in my eyes.

Is it possible that my "fever" is a result of the medication or should I be concerned that this IS still a post op infection of some sort.
Thank you for any input.