Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyriod i123 scan didnt show nodule
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyriod i123 scan didnt show nodule

Okay I feel like i am loosing my mind. I had a utrasound biopsy a ew weeks ago. I was told I have a very large nodule on my right side. Was told most likley it would have to be removed. Went to get a second opinion and he sent me for i123 scan. Okay now I just got back my results stating everything is normal how could this be? My tsh was low in Oct when this started but was told t3 t4 was normal. i have all the symptoms of being hyperactive. I am going to see an endroconologist next week but looking for any answers now. thanks. Do large nodules just disappear? Why didnt this scan show anything?
97953_tn?1193367871
Large nodules usually do not disappear.  Sometimes ultrasound can be misinterpreted as a nodule but it does not sound like that the case.  If the biopsy was benign this may be a hyper functioning nodule which was low at a TSH while often keeping the T4 and T3 normal (subclinical hyper thyroidism).  The second opinion from an endocrinologist to put all this together seems quite appropriate.
2 Comments
Blank
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life and answering questions on this forum. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now