Thyroid Biopsies
I have had one biopsy on my thyroid that was benign.  Blood tests indicate that I have hyperthyroid.  After a Thyroid Uptake Scan, my doctor said I have a nodule in the front and one on the right that are hot and need to be byopsied.  He wants to do the biopsies a week apart.  Neck byopsied hurt, why can't they be done at the same time? Would insurance require two separate byopsied?

I have had a lumpectomy, chemotherapy and am currently doing daily radiation, do I have to have two separate byopsied?

I know this sounds silly and other people have to go through a lot more, but two will hurt more and mean I have to wait longer to know if I have more cancer.
Hot nodules do not usually require FNA.  2 nodules can be FNA'd at same session.  Would discuss these with your doctor and consider second opinion from thyroid expert if still unclear....