Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid Labs
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thyroid Labs

I recently had a work up for a life insurance policy and a few results came back as being high.  Being that I am only 32 I wanted to check into these issues further.  They did not run a thyroid panel but after realizing some of the results may be a direct correlation to thyroid issues, I realized that I had previously had thyroid labs run by my primary.  I assumed they were normal as I never heard anything otherwise from the physician.  I called and the results were as follows: TSH 0.97, T3 354 and T4 1.0.  

Would these values be of any concern?  The reason they were originally checked was per my request due to increased fatigue/lethargy but the physician seemed to think an antidepressant would resolved this.  It hasnt.