Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid Nodule Single
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid Nodule Single

I have a 3.8 cm nodule on the left lobe of my thyroid.  Can't be seen or felt. Going in for a FNB We were checking out why I've had unexplained weight loss. My TSH levels are normal .. not understanding that. Have had great anxiety .. blood pressure going up .. rapid pulse at times .. constantly clearing my throat .. affecting the voice. if my TSH levels are normal .. does that mean the rest of my thyroid is functioning properly and I should look into just getting the nodule removed /??
97953_tn?1193367871
The nodule does not necessarily need to be removed, the biopsy is recommended based on the size.  Some people would argue that all nodules of this size should be removed but this is not a general consensus.  Most of these nodules (90%) are benign and unless there are definite compressive symptoms then it does not have to be removed.  The thyroid levels are normal, this is typically the case for nodular thyroid and is not predictive for/against cancer.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now