Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid Ultrasound Question

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Thyroid Ultrasound Question

I had a thyroid ultrasound in October of 2012 that multiple nodules on the left lobe and right lobes of my thyroid and had FNA that showed benign.  In June I had a repeat ultrasound and now show that there has been interval increase in size in 2 nodules in the inferior pole of the left thyroid lobe -   (2.6x2.7cm previously 1.9 x 1.7cm and the other 2.0x1.5 previously 1.4 X1.0).  Now have an appointment with an ENT to discuss, how concerning is this?
see other response to same (but reworded) question