Thyroid and Massive Hair loss
When 8 weeks pregnant my obgyn found my tsh was a 5 but t3 & t4 were ok. They put me on levothyroxine 50mcg daily. I have taken this throughout my pregnancy and now 1 1/2 years after delivery I'm still taking the same dosage. My obgyn has retested my levels and they were normal after birth so I kept at the same dosage. I have recently been working at losing weight and have lost 45 lbs in the last 5 months. My problem is that the last 2 months my hair is falling out massively. Like 50-100 hairs a day. My drain is stopped up every night. I have gone from having a lot of thick hair to very little hair. I had my tsh checked and it was a 5 but t3 & t4 were still ok. My obgyn wants to wait to recheck blood work in a month but I will be bald by then. I also have been feeling more sluggish, palpitations and not sleeping well. My weight loss has also gone from 1-3 lbs a week to 0-1 lbs a week and i'm doing the same nutrition plans and exercises.  I don't know what steps I should take to figure this all out.
Would increase thyroid med, document TPO antibody (to confirm this is hashimoto's and likely life-long thyroid replacement needed) and recognize that significant weight loss can cause hair loss.  Target TSH 0.5-1.5.