Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid lab results

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Thyroid lab results
Curious about thyroid tests and what they mean.  I recently had some blood work run and my TSH was .807( lab range .350-5.5), T4(thyroxine)-10.3 (lab range 4.5-12.0), T3 uptake-25 (lab range 24-39), and Free Thyroxine Index 2.6 (lab range 1.2-2.9).  About 3 months ago labwork showed that my TSH was 1.717 and the doctor ran a TPO Ab and it was <10.  I have hypo symptoms but if I am looking at this correctly, then all of my bloodwork is in the limits range.  Can the TSH change that much in 3 months time or is that not a great change?  Also both LDL and HDL are high and were not high in the past year during other bloodwork.  Please help
This is not really a significant difference and with the negative antibodies I doubt the thyroid is causing a problem at this time. The HDL/LDL changes are not related to thyroid in this case.
Forgot to mention that I have several cystic nodules on my thyroid that were recently found within the past year as well.