Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid malfunction,hypoglycemia,ear problems,high cholesteral, thyroid...

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Thyroid malfunction,hypoglycemia,ear problems,high cholesteral, thyroid tumor

i have been diagnosed recently with hypoglycemia, my thyroid leve tsh is  to 85.70 t 4 is very low, they told me i have high cholesteral alos, i weigh 119.pounds i have to eat 5 times daily, my thyroid medicine they put me on 1.50  once a day, havaving hypo glycemic attack, i have sweating on my left only and left ear is bothering me and cant seem to hear, i had thyroid ultrasound and have thyroid nodule 5 cm on left side of goiter,they taking another in 4 months
i believe i have hashimoto disease is hereditary my sister had this condition, i have never had a problem with low blood sugar is this calle reactive hypoglecemia due to my throid, and doe high cholesteral the same secondary due thyroid malfunction, i also have fibromyalgia and i take gabentpin 3 oo. mg for pain
Correcting this severe hypothyroidism will be important.  Hopefully this will shrink the nodules/goiter.  Biopsy of the nodule may also be warranted.  The key to reactive hypoglycemia is typically small frequent protein based meals, avoiding concentrated sugar intake.  Some patients may benefit from chromium supplementation, please discuss these with your physician.  Close monitoring of thyroid function,  every 4-6 weeks until stable is warranted.
I wanted to know what test are needed ti find out that i  His ave hashimoti Disease , i would also want to know what blood test names  for finding out if the adrenal gland and putuitary gland is functioning, and what blodd test are
for metabolism, because of the extreme weight loss, of 30 pounds, Also is it possible that my Grave Disease  is returing due to the wieght loss, i have been taken levothroxine (levothyroxine) for 20 years  for graves and hypothyroid and  i feel that the symptom are still there, could it be that my body is not reponded due to the fact that my body is  getting used to it , i have Graves 1991 and have had RAI three times 1999, 2003 and 2005 and i am still having hyper sympton, what other medicine should tried, Thank Dr. Lupo
i was wondering if there were blood test  for female weight loss panel,
i have had graves and hypothyroid, due to my severe weight loss is it possible to have hyper and hypothyroid and is this a cause of my weith loss
i am 5 ft 8 in and weigh 115 pounds i used to weigh 140 pound and felt great
i love food and due to hypoglecima i eat 5 times a day, and for some reason i started to sweat real bad at night and my ear rings constantly, i also have low blood pressure and i have been getting heart palpitations at night again
i have made appt  with my internal and in florida they need to recomend the endo, what tesst should be done, i want to gain my weight back and due to weight loss i feel insecure, i also have fibromyalgia and high cholesteral, what test can they give