Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid nodules and hypothyroidism
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thyroid nodules and hypothyroidism

Hi, I am 33 and found a lump on my thyroid May17th. I had an US that found multiple nodules all over 1 cm with the largest being 3.4cm x 2.7cm. I saw an ENT spec June 17 and he said it looks like I'm on the road to thyroid failure with a TSH of 8.2 I have been extremely sluggish with lack of motivation and feeling drugged and confused some days. I just started my period agin which is the 4th time in the past 41 days. I had an FNA done at the end of July where they wer quirying one of the nodules as a liquifying adenoma, whatever that is. No results yet. I have gained 20 lbs in less than 3 months. Help???
97953_tn?1193367871
Would retest TSH now to confirm still high, along w/ TPO antibodies to document if this is Hashimoto's thyroiditis (the most common cause of hypothyroid). Adenomas are benign nodules and once they are >2cm they tend to degenerate in the middle causing cyst fluid to form.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank