Thyroid replacement meds in Australia
This may be a long shot...

I am on Thyroxine after a TT for paillary thyroid cancer and all of posts/info on the web talk about taking both a combination of t4 and t3. In Australia I have only heard of what I are, thyroxine.

Any ideas if Australia does the combo of meds and is it really a better option??  

Thanks :)
You should ask your doctor what the options are locally in Australia, I am not familiar with the availability of Cytomel (T3) in that area.
Thanks for that doctor, I did ask and apparently we don't use the combination of meds, only thyroxine.

I had a TT for papillary thyroid earlier this year and I'm still struggling to find the correct dose. Is there anything you can suggest I do to stop feeling so sick all the time?

I was on 150mcg of thyroxine daily and my tsh was <0.01 and it was a nightmare with hyper symptoms, for almost 5 weeks now I have been on 100 and my last labs were
TSH .03 ref .50-4.0
Ft3 4.8 ref 3.5-6.5
Ft4 20.3 ref 10.0-19.0

I still feel sick a lot throughout the day and find it hard to concerrntrate. The Endo keeps telling me I need a suppressed/undetectable TSH so the cancer doesn't return but doesn't suggest what I ca do.
I cat be on beta blockers bc my blood pressure is lower then low.

Any suggestions???  How long do I stay suppressed and then will I still need to be low ranges or normal?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.