Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Thyroid symptoms and signs

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Thyroid symptoms and signs
Hey there, when I was 20 I developed pressure urticaria, dry eyebrows, swollen knees, a small nodule on hip and right knee. Now at 25 I have been having hand tremors and foot sensations, fatigue, a mildly positive ANA, a few white spots on arms and legs the size of a pencil eraser (vitiligo maybe?), a ganglion cyst on my left wrist, and loss of hand dexterity. I have a rheumatologist appointment in 2I months. My mom has 4 auto immune illnesses. Also I am a male. Do y'all think this could be thyroid related? Thanks
Thyroid is not likely to be the root cause of all this, but with the other autoimmune type issues, you should be tested for thyroid problems.
So do you recommend having another gp appointment or waiting a couple months for a rheumatologist appointment? The pressure urticaria and vitiligo is what made me think thyroid. I had the rheumatoid factor and that was negative. That's when we discovered the low positive ANA. Thanks so much!!

O and my mom has rheumatoid, fibro, lichen planus, and ulcerative colitis

What type of test would you run for the symptoms I mentioned?