Thyroid ultrasound...please help
I'm a 44 year old female.  I had fallen ill back in 2009.  My PCP doc had diagnosed me with polymyositis and dermatomyositis at that time.  I have now been diagnosed "tentivately with lupus".  During my flares, my throat gets very swollen and sore.   My 1st thyroid ultrasound showed a .37x.41 hypoechoic nodule with no associated calcification in my right lobe.  I was told to follow up with another ultrasound in 6 months, which I did.  This ultrasound showed 2 hypoechoic subcentimeter nodules in the right lobe measuring 5 and 4 mm.  I also have a 4 mm cyst in the right lobe.  It also states that I have several subcentimeter right lobe nodules in right lobe.  My thyroid blookwork came back normal.  They are telling me now, that I need to wait a year for another ultrasound.  My throat has become so swollen at times, it effects my voice and swallowing...shouldn't I be having a biopsey seeing as my 2 ultrasounds changed so drastically in 6 months?
These are very small cysts/nodules that are not likely to cause any symptoms.  I doubt it really "changed" - more likely with small areas like this, the first ultrasound didn't detect some of the small nodules.  1 year followup sounds appropriate. Consider ENT evaluation for symptoms -- sounds like acid reflux...