Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
To: Still_Hoping
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

To: Still_Hoping

Hi, I saw your post below and appreiate your info. I too have recieved great help & strength through Spiritual means. I wanted to comment a little further about the anxiety & depression issue and list a few sites that might be interesting to you. I think nearly 100% of thyroid patients have related anxiety and depression and many times these need treated seperately from the thyroid treatment. Knowing the "root cause" is what I was driving at on those lengthy posts I wrote yesterday. My first Dr. I went to with thyroid symptoms, diagnosed me "Generalized Anxiety Disorder", simply because I mentioned the anxiety symptoms & spells of mind prattle (not there before the Hashi's Disease). Had I went along with that diagnosis, I would still be taking the antidepressants today and my Hashi's would be left untreated. If the emotional aspect of Hashi's, Graves, Adrenal Insuffiency, Rheumatoind Arth. etc....... is the ONLY thing given attention, this is a dis-service to the patient. I just wanted to make sure I said this part, my posts may have not been clear. Stress intolerance is listed as a thyroid symptom but if you go to "google.com" and put in search wors "Diagnose-Me: Anxiety", then click on article at top page, it lists conditions that cause anxiety. "hashimoto's and adrenal insufficiency" are both listed as causing both anxiety and panic attacks. Also if you go to "www.hateshopping.com" and click on "why you are not crazy", you'll read an article from a man, Hashi's sufferer, who has panic/anxiety & depression with his. (CONTINUED BELOW>>>)