Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Understanding TSH 3rd Generation

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Understanding TSH 3rd Generation
I had a TSH 3rd Generation w/reflex 4ft test done.  The result were Free 4T was 1.1 and TSH was .27.  Should I be concerned?
These are essentially normal labs -- would watch the TSH as it is a bit low.  Would repeat TSH and FT4 in a few months to make sure there is not a trend towards hyperthyroidism.
Not a typo. :) The doctor says I need to do more tests to rule out a pituitary tumor. Should I be concerned? What type of tests will they do and what will determine whether or not it is in fact a tumor that is causing my level to be so high? Is there anything else that would cause this level to be this high? Thanks!!!
My mom 3rd generation TSH is  0.137 UIU/ml  (normal range is 0.47 - 4.64)  what does this mean?  Please advise what to check and do.  She had history of Atrial fibrillation, are these related?  Fatty liver infltration with hepatic cyst, multiple cholelethiasis with dilated common bile duct. She also had carotid artery disease, and history of TIA
i had a  tsh 3rd generation the result was 0.382 what does it mean? an my free t4 result 1.61
A related discussion, Thyroid Blood Labs was started.
A related discussion, tsh lab tests was started.
A related discussion, TSH 3rd generation was started.
A related discussion, My husband just had blood work was started.
A related discussion, Should I be worry was started.
A related discussion, tsh was started.
A related discussion, TSH -HS 3rd gen levels low was started.