Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Very low TSH result
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Very low TSH result

The results of my thyroid test are:

Free T3 2.87
Free T4 1.59
ultrasensitive TSH B 0.08

The TSH is very low, isn't it?
I am having joint pain and fatigue...

I have been taking Eutirox 125 mg. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism about 14 years ago.

I will appreciatte your comments. Best regards,
Related Discussions
97953_tn?1193367871
The dose appears to high - would consider discussing  a dose decrease w/ your doctor.
3 Comments
Blank
One of two things, you have hashimotos thyroiditis, or you acquired  the antibodies for graves/hyper along the way. Since you were diagnosed with hypothyroid its most likely you're going through a hyper phase, which is common in HT as ones body attacks thyroid cells/tissue and they end up spilling hormone causing one to go hyper. Sorry, that's the best way I can explain it. You need to request a  TPO TSI and ATG antibody test to determine if this is autoimmune related.
Blank
Or.... It could be the medication( is that a thyroid med you listed) and the dose may be too high.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now