Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Weight Loss Lap Band with Hypo-thyroid disease patient.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Weight Loss Lap Band with Hypo-thyroid disease patient.

I am 20 yrs. old and weigh 270 lbs. I found out about a procedure the Lap Band that a doctor can insert to cause you to lose 50% of your excess body weight in a 2-3yr. time period. My question is, being diagnosed with Hypo-thyroid disease would it be safe for me to have the Lap Band done? I have tried Dieting and for some reason just can not seem to stick with a diet. I excercise but beause i intake the same amount of calories i'm stuck in neutral. I'm looking for help as quickly as I can get it. I know that being this way is damaging to me physically and caused alot of my depression. I get tired walking up stairs, I get asked if i'm pregnant even though i'm not. I want to have a much deserved and needed body that can keep up with what I need and want to be doing. Please help me.