Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Whats going on with me please help?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Whats going on with me please help?
18 months ago, my hair started to shed alot and i started to have lighter periods though still in time. I also had a feeling of tightness in my neck. Did numerous thyroid tests all normal. However the TSH number is getting down from 2.86 to now 0.66. I did the test for Hashimoto antibodies it was -ve. Then i found a lump in my thyroid which ultrasound showed it to be hypoechoic-ill defined14x5(weird dimensions) and another on the same left lobe 7x6 isechoic with clear dimensions. scan showed it mildly decrease uptake(cold). biopsy schedualed 2 months from now i dont know why? now am having palpitations and headaches with the hair shedding and light period. IS IT CANCER?
Your thyroid blood tests are normal appearing.  The ill-defined nodule probably should be biopsied.  I do not think it is clear that the thyroid is causing the palpitations, headache and hair loss.  You should likely repeat the TSH when the biopsy was performed in 2 months as it did trend downward a little bit based on the data you gave me.  Only 5-10% of nodules are cancer, so that is not likely.
Am starting to think its lymphoma based on its dimensions(14x5)mm, but would it have shown in the thyroid scan it if it was lymphoma? What lymphomas also cause these symptoms?