auto immune connection
Hi I am 53 hx of hashimotos thyroiditis, been on levoxyl for several years. This past year was found to have multiple nodules on my thyroid, which they are watching. This past week had a cxr done showed chronic mild diffuse interstitial disease and a 6 mm calcified granuloma. Could this be sarcoidosis?  Trying to figure out if this is all related and what to do next. My younger sister also has hashimotos and rheumatoid arthritis and my brother had chronic myelogenous leukemia. Thanks for any input.
Sarcoid is usually not interstitial - it usually pesents with mediastinal lymph nodes (different x-ray pattern) - the old granuloma is more commonly histoplasmosis in this setting but talk to your doctor about the CXR.  this is not related to your hashi/nodules most likely.  
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.