Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
complex mass with vascularity within the nodules
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

complex mass with vascularity within the nodules

Good morning doc. i havent visit my doctor yet. can you please explain my results in my ultrasound:
left lobe shows a complex mass in the midpole, mostly cystic, septated measuring 2.4 x 1.7 1.8 cm.
vascularity noted within the nodules. No calcifications seen.
no enlarged nodes in both sides of the neck.

i also did the thyroid panel test: results are: ft4 SI UNITS 13.51 and tsh SI UNITS 2.62

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. God bless..
Tags: complex mass vascularity nodul
Related Discussions
97953_tn?1193367871
Most of these are benign but with the 2.4cm size, we usually do fine needle aspiration biopsy to confirm.  The TSH is normal reflecting normal thyroid hormone production. A nuclear scan is NOT indicated/helpful in this setting.
4 Comments
Blank
2085980_tn?1332755245
thank you for the explanation doc.
i already visited my doctor, according to him, i have goiter. is it possible considering my thyroid panel tests are normal? he did biopsy and my specimens were now for lab. he gave me prescription - 3x a day augmentin (co-amoxiclav) and euthyrox (levothyroxine) once a day.
will i asked for a second opinion doc? i kinda felt its weird.
again thank you so so much for your patience in my inquiry. thank you again doc.
Blank
97953_tn?1193367871
Your initial thyroid function tests were normal based on the TSH.  In these cases we typically do not give levothyroxine.  Most patients with nodules, or nodular goiter such as you have, have normal thyroid blood tests and do not need medication.
Blank
2085980_tn?1332755245
again, thank you so much doc. i will ask for a second opinion. my biopsy result will be available next week. so im keeping my fingers cross that the result would be benign. reading your comments were informative.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank