Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
do i need surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

do i need surgery

i have underactive thyriod hypohridism thyridism hosimotoes i have six thyriod noduels and swellin mainly down left side difficulty brehating at times and difficulty swallowing pain from the swelling diffucling speaking sometimes difficulty swallowing body pains vision problems difficulty sleeping irritabilty the noduels on lastg scan was 5mm 6mm the biggest at moment do i need surgery??
Related Discussions
97953_tn?1193367871
If the thyroid is the most likely cause of the swallowing and breathing problems, then surgery may be indicated.  You mention very small nodules -- largest 6mm -- so unless the entire thyroid is significantly enlarged (diffuse goiter due to Hashi) then hard to conclude the thyroid is causing compressive symptoms.
2 Comments
Blank
thanks for your reply how large would the nodoels have to be before they would operate ?the swallowing and breathing and great pain and swelling is due to the thyriod difficulty speaking at times a wide range of syptoms (symptoms) what did you mean diffuse gotier ?thanks again for your reply
Blank
1561429_tn?1294906399
A related discussion, hurthle cell lesion was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now