Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
green smoothies for hypothyroidism

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

green smoothies for hypothyroidism

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism an year back. I was on synthroid 0.025mcg for 3 months then increased to 0.05mcg from then. I had big pimples with puss all over my body and mostly on face and dry skin on face and too much dandruff conditions, But no constipation. I do yoga every morning 5 days a week for 1 hour from past 3 years
.
My family doctor sent me to blood work. He called me again to tell that the medicine strength need to be increased.

Is there any way to keep this thyroid level under control?

How far the green smoothies (spinach and fruits smoothies) help for hypothyroidism? Do I need to mix any more products into the green smoothies?

Thanks in advance
If you have true hypothyroidism then medication like synthroid is necessary.  Hypothyroidism can decrease sexual function and interest.  I don't have any experience with green smoothies.
Hi all,

I forgot to ask you another question. Does hypothyroidism effect the sex feelings. What should I do inorder to regain my sex feelings.

Thanks in advance
ok i have hashi, and raw spinich is not good for this, niether is kelp  so ive read. and my sex drive has driven away. so if you find out how to get it back let us know.